How is your posture? Many Americans spend far too much time hunched over their computers or staring down at their phones. This can lead to an array of poor postures that cause health problems and make you look bad. For example, text neck is a common issue that stems from spending hours with your neck bent down to look at your phone. This position tightens and compresses the muscles in the neck, with every inch of forward head position doubling the amount of weight the neck must support, which strains the muscles and causes lasting damage. Other side-effects, such as developing a hunched back, can occur. Business Insider states that slouching in your chair at work can lead to a hunched back.
Exaggerated nod: An ideal way to counteract text neck. When you use your smartphone, try to bring it up to eye level, keeping your ears aligned with your shoulders. This will prevent you from getting a bad case of text neck.
Cat and Cow: An excellent stretch for your back, neck, and hips is the cat and cow. Though, a more common stretch is the simple overhead stretch. If you slouch or tend to hunch over your computer like a cat about to pounce on its prey, then the chest stretch is a must.
Chest Stretch: Business Insider recommends this stretch to counteract hunchback. Simply place your palm on the wall and face away, leaning forward to feel the stretch. It is important that we take the opportunities we can to get up and move about.
MyChair adds a minimalist modern touch whether you're in the open office or the home office. The result is a chair that looks great in any space while providing lasting comfort for your most hardworking days.
- Double layered mesh backrest for durable, breathable support
- Synchronous mechanism links backrest and seat pan so they tilt in unison3D armrest adjustment (height, front & back, left & right)
- Tilt tension controls the rate and ease of recline
- Tilt lock allows the user to lock out the tilt function
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment moves the seat up and down to adapt to various body heights
- 360-degree swivel provides freedom of movement in any direction
- High-density cushion supports 250 pounds and 8+ hours of work
- Five star anodized aluminum base
- Hard casters roll quietly and effortlessly
- Optional height-adjustable foam headrest
The Ergonomic Mychair is an excellent choice for you!!